AV Lead – Lackland AFB San Antonio, Texas
Responsible for specific taskings assigned by supervisor to maintain proficiency and develop technical aptitude. This position can also assume a lead role and be able to manage small teams and projects. This position will require local travel with short notice for support and repair type efforts as well as travel to other locations for scheduled installation and/or maintenance actions. Technician will be expected to learn both through direct observation and independent learning regarding assigned technology and/or original equipment manufacturer equipment. Experienced in system implementation, network node or element implementation, training, network fault isolation or repair, in the field of information technology systems, subsystems, and equipment. Able to perform as installation and fielding technician on a variety of communications and information technology systems. Can coordinate communications requirements via electronic or paper forms to initiate gateway access requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Complete billable tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Manage small teams and projects
- Motivated leadership skills with minimal direction to complete tasks
- Maintain inventory of equipment bag
- Complete installations/maintenance actions/support actions both over the phone and in person as required.
- Obtain and maintain the following certification, CTS-I, Security +, Network +, and other assigned AV certifications.