Lytx Desktop Support X 2 – San Diego | 6 Months Extendable
We are a nimble, experienced recruiting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, and networking and infrastructure. We are determined to find the best possible solutions for companies in search of top talent, while offering job candidates an expedited, precise recruiting process.
Locus is focused on supporting the goals of both our clients as well as the candidate community to offer an experience that supports and stimulates the growth of our stakeholders. We take a full hands-on approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs in order to find each the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective.
- Has primary responsibility to provide primarily tier 1 routine and occasionally tier 2 advanced desktop support assisting internal employees.
- Assists with client hardware, software, and mobile device questions, concerns, or issues by providing one-on-one resolution to the clients satisfaction.
- Answers and responds to: IT support calls, chat, service requests, tickets, and e-mail support.
- Utilizes remote management tools
- Documents all support efforts in the Service Now system as per procedures.
- Installs, tests, and configures workstations/laptops, software, phones, peripheral equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repair hardware and software problems on customer computers and peripherals.
- Gathers appropriate data to escalate to higher-level technicians or partners when needed.
- Assist in assets management procedures, inventory equipment and software.
- Ensures backup, recovery, and data restoration from workstations/laptops for clients during upgrades or problem diagnosis.
- Review current work instructions and documents and ensure documentations are up to date.
- Assist in writing/develop/maintain documentation.
- Assist in recommending/enhancing current process and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent understanding and use of desktop/laptop technologies including Windows 7 and 10, Office 2016/O365, BIOS updates, anti-virus, networking, wireless, encryption and troubleshooting.
- Excellent customer service.
- Excellent in PC trouble shooting, data gathering and analytics/statistics.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good organization skills and Keen/accurate attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral skills/ Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Good understanding of computer and mobile device management tools.
- Good listening skills and ability to execute instructions.
- Strong research skills into PC issues and products as required.
- Good understanding of intermediate network support, VPN, desktop firewalls, encryption, wireless trouble shooting, and cabling.
- Understands and proficient at understanding graphs, charts, stats, and logs.
- Good understanding of telephony technology, VOIP, and mobile device.
- Experience in dynamic and fast paced enterprise experience.
Locus Recruiting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Locus Recruiting will consider for employment, on a case by case basis