Penetration Tester New York, NY
Salary: 120,000 – 130,000 per Year
This position requires the individual to function in a consultative role, perform both technical and non-technical assessments and generate billable revenue for the company. This role is responsible for reviewing client environments against a framework of IT security standards and best practices, documenting findings, observations, recommendations and presenting in-person and in a written form. Previous employment in a consultative role is strongly desired.
Applicants should have 5 or more years’ experience in the IT security (Cybersecurity) field (experience in the financial services sector is a plus) and should be able to execute at an advanced level in at least two and at an intermediate level in two or more of the following:
- Networking/infrastructure (routing/switching)
- Security solutions (firewalls, IDS/IPS, encryption, two-factor authentication, SIEM, DLP)
- Windows Network Operating Systems/Active Directory/Messaging (Exchange or open source solutions)
Candidates should also have direct experience with one of the following:
- Penetration Testing
- NIST Special Publication 800-53
- ISO 27002
- Security Risk Assessments
- Reporting to the Executive Director of Cybersecurity, attend to clients general and/or specific security needs on an hourly or project fee basis. Specific activities may include but are not limited to vulnerability testing, gap analysis against a particular compliance requirement, penetration testing, web application security testing, security risk analysis, security product implementation, and security policy consulting.
- As assigned, be the primary point of contact for a given set of clients and assume responsibility for the actions performed and the overall security posture for said clients.
- Provide assistance and input with non-assigned client needs, based on skill set and availability.
- Maintain documentation and notations for use by the client and internally, for each client.
- Provide accurate, timely and complete time reporting for the purposes of customer billing.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Assist the sales staff in the generation of new and management of existing business, including on site sales visits, pre-sales conference calls and assistance with proposal generation.
- At request, gain and maintain accredited vendor and non-vendor specific certifications.
- Participate in company designated meetings.
Due to the nature of the work performed for customers, it may be necessary to work outside of normal business hours to perform certain tasks. Some overnight travel is also required.
Applicants should have CISSP and one or more of following certifications:
- SANS GSEC
- SANS GCIH
- SANS GPEN
This role will provide full benefits in a addition to the salary.