Principal Software Engineer_BackEnd Dallas, Texas
Salary: 140000 – 170000 per Year
We are a nimble, experienced recruiting team specializing in information security, cloud computing, and networking and infrastructure. We are determined to find the best possible solutions for companies in search of top talent, while offering job candidates an expedited and precise recruiting process.
Locus is focused on supporting the goals of both our clients as well as the candidate community to offer an experience that supports and stimulates the growth of our stakeholders. We take a full service approach with our process, understanding our clients and candidates needs in order to find each the right fit from a skillset and a cultural perspective.
Locus Recruiting is currently searching for a Principal Software Engineer – Backend for our client. This is a full time remote role.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Architect and build scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Write backend code using Scala
- Contribute to frontend code stack in React
- Develop APIs and web microservices
- Integrate third-party APIs, and the ability to understand them in several formats
- Produce and deploy secure code
- You have a background in Scala/Java or another compiled language, along with expert-level design & development
- You have unit testing experience (prefer Scalatest/Spec2/ScalaCheck)
- You have commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems.
- Database and caching experience, SQL and NoSQL (Postgres, Elasticsearch or MongoDB a plus).
- Experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS EC2)
- You have very good understanding of Java, Kotlin, or other similar languages supplemented by active/working knowledge of reactive programing and architectural components.
- Knowledge of REST/Http, json and backend systems, familiarity with API platforms such as Mashery or Kong
- 3+ years of real industry experience
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical role or the equivalent experience