We are partnered with a growing telecom company who are looking for Sonet/DWDM engineers to add to their growing team in Denver or Boulder, CO. Our client is targeting someone with strong Sonet and DWDM engineering and provisioning experience. Overall strong Layer 1 background.
- Planning – Review of project to understand existing equipment and circuit configurations and identify equipment and circuit options to meet project requirements as well as any costs required.
- DWDM, Ciena, Infinera and Sonet experience
- Engineering – Physical and logical audit of the equipment and circuits, Design of new network/network reconfiguration including identification and sourcing of equipment shelves and cards within the existing network where possible
- Identification of space, power, fiber, wave, cross-connect, riser requirements for planned deployments and placing of internal orders
- Create statement of work, create internal order forms (via Salesforce.com)
- Operations – Create MOP, Schedule Maintenance Releases as required
- Update status and progress in Salesforce on a regular basis
- Verify and update project documentation
- Implementation and migration to complete optimization
- Issue orders for disconnect and removal of equipment
- Update Database to complete the project
- Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour